Department Website: San Antonio Public Library
As of April 13, 2021, San Antonio Public Library locations have reopened for Brisk Browsing at all locations except Central Library, Forest Hills, McCreless, Memorial, and San Pedro Branch Libraries as they are undergoing renovation.
SAPL locations have been closed for browsing since March 2020 at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. SAPL’s new Brisk Browsing service, which provides one-way traffic browsing of SAPL’s collection, allows visitors inside SAPL locations for the first time in over one year! Contact-Free Pickup, computer access by appointment, and outdoor Wi-Fi continue, with the addition of Brisk Browsing.
The following protocols are in place:
- Face coverings required
- Number of people in the building is limited
- One-way directional signage and social distancing
Find full details on updated services and protocols or view the Expanded Services Flyer(PDF, 310KB).
Library Services Schedule
- Brisk Browsing & Contact-Free Pickup
- Tuesday, 12pm – 8pm
- Wednesday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm
- Computer Appointments
- Tuesday, 3pm – 7pm
- Wednesday, - Saturday 1pm - 5pm
- Outdoor Wi-Fi: 7:30am to 10:30pm daily