Texas Child Care Licensing (CCL) urges all current providers to immediately implement the following guidance:
- Prohibit any person except the following from accessing an operation: operation staff; persons with legal authority to enter, including law enforcement officers, HHSC Child Care Licensing staff, and Department of Family and Protective Services staff; professionals providing services to children; children enrolled at the operation; and parents who have children enrolled and present at the operation.
- Before allowing entry into the operation, screen all of the individuals listed above, including taking the temperature of each person upon arrival at the operation each day, and deny entry to any person who meets any of the following criteria:
- A temperature of 100.4°F or above;
- Signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and low-grade fever;
- In the previous 14 days has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19; is under investigation for COVID-19; or is ill with a respiratory illness; or
- In the previous 14 days has travelled internationally to countries with widespread, sustained community transmission.
- Require pick up and drop off of children outside of the operation, unless you determine that there is a legitimate need for the parent to enter an operation.
- Ensure that each child is provided individual meals and snacks. Do not serve family style meals.
- Please remember to sanitize your operations, wash hands diligently, and have staff members stay home if they are sick.