Celebrate the Holidays Safely
Published on November 23, 2021
Celebrate Safely during the holidays by taking these precautions to help avoid the spread of COVID-19.
Safe Gathering Tips
- The best way to minimize COVID-19 risk and celebrate a safer holiday with your family and friends is to get vaccinated.
- Enjoy your holiday meal in an outdoor or well-ventilated area. Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated spaces.
- If you are sick or have symptoms, don’t host or attend a gathering.
- Get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have close contact with someone who has COVID-19. If you are waiting for your test results, don’t host or attend a gathering.
- It is recommended that everyone wear a mask in crowded public indoor settings around people who may be unvaccinated, regardless of your vaccination status.
Booster shots are now available to all adults, ages 18 and older, who took the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least six months after their primary series and at least two months after taking the J&J vaccine.
In addition, Metro Health offers the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to children, ages 5 to 11 years old. No appointment necessary. Parents are eligible for a $100 H-E-B gift card incentive once their child is fully vaccinated. The gift card is still available to those who have not been vaccinated.