Terminal Facilities (SAT)
What is SAT doing to protect passengers and employees?
- Face Coverings - All employees and passengers are required to wear a face covering on all airport property.
- Frequent Cleaning and Disinfecting - Frequent cleaning practices continue in all public spaces and restrooms. and additional hand sanitizers were installed throughout the airport.
- Protective Shields - Plastic Shields are installed in high-traffic areas, including ticket counters, retail shops and restaurants.
- Social Distancing - Signage and floor markings throughout the terminal will give guidance on six-foot distancing in common areas.
- Reconfigured Seating - Furniture in gate areas, food courts and baggage claim are being removed or re-positioned to allow for social distancing.
Social Distancing Efforts
Working with TSA, we have made some adjustments to the lines as you approach the security checkpoints to provide more space between lines of passengers. To provide additional space between the passengers in front of you and behind you, we ask everyone to practice social distancing and spread out rather than crowd other passengers nearby. Additionally, footprint markers have been placed on the floor near ticket counters, information booths and in other areas of queueing to indicate where people should stand.
Food and Shopping at SAT
Many of SAT’s retail shops and restaurants have made changes to their operations. Some have reduced their operating hours, some have closed temporarily, and others remain open with a focus on more takeout options to serve our passengers and employees who do not have anywhere else to purchase food. The airport has asked every retail outlet to maintain social distancing.
View the complete list of open concessions.
Rental Car Facilities
Our Rental Car Facility is open for business with reduced hours of operation to serve travelers. View Rental Car Facilities schedule.
- The San Antonio International Airport Ambassador Program initiated a limited return of the volunteers on 6/16.
- 23 Ambassadors volunteered 100 hours during peak volume periods the first week.
- Our Pups and Planes therapy dog program has been suspended until further notice.
- SAT Live Music - The San Antonio Airport System (SAAS) has relaunched its SAT Live-Stream Concert Series in partnership with the SA Food Bank. The series will bring local musicians into the terminals to stream their live performances online to raise awareness and raise funds for the SA Food Bank. Click here to view concerts Monday - Friday at 1pm.