Terminal Facilities (SAT)
Inside the airport terminals, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided San Antonio International Airport, Customs and Border Protection, our Emergency Medical Services providers and TSA with public health readiness measures. While following all CDC guidelines and recommendations, the Operations team is ensuring that the following actions are being executed:
- The CDC has provided guidance for local emergency medical service personnel responding to medical calls at the airport to help them assess and identify potentially infected travelers.
- We are communicating early and often regarding all issues surrounding the virus and precautions that need to be taken.
- Our custodial provider is placing an additional emphasis on public touch points in all areas, including handrails, bathroom stalls, seating, door handles, chairs and tables, touchscreen directories, concessions credit card machines, etc.
- Our custodial employees are wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- CDC health alert signage is being placed throughout our facilities, specifically at the entrances of security checkpoints and in all restrooms.
- View SAT detailed preventive steps(PDF, 224KB)
- A variety of restaurants and other concessionaires are open for business with reduced hours of operation to serve travelers.
- We are working with our concessionaires to encourage social distancing throughout our airports by removing some tables and seats to increase spacing and reduce density.
- The following concessions are temporarily closing or adjusting operating hours starting March 19th: View Concessions Hours of Operation
Rental Car Facilities
Our Rental Car Facility is open for business with reduced hours of operation to serve travelers. View Rental Car Facilities schedule.
- Airport Ambassador Program - This program has been suspended until further notice.
- SAT Live Music - Out of concern for our musicians, SAT has suspended live music performances in Terminal A & B until further notice.