Abuse & Domestic Violence
If a current or former partner is hurting you or your children, or threatening to hurt you or your children, please reach out for help. There are many resources available to make sure that you and your children can be safe.
If you are looking for support or someone to talk to
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Call 1.800.799.7233 and TTY 1.800.787.3224 (confidential and free)
If you are unable to speak safely, you can log onto the hotline or text LOVEIS to 22522.
- Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline
- Call 1.800.422.4453 anytime to speak to a counselor. Options for live chat and texting are available as well on the Childhelp website
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- Call 1.800.656.4673 anytime to receive free, confidential support from a counselor.
- Rape Crisis Center
- The Rape Crisis Center will be offering all their free and confidential counseling services via phone and/or telehealth using Zoom Video Conferencing.
Call 210.349.7273 anytime to speak to an advocate.
- Family Violence Prevention Services
- Call 210.733.8810 anytime to speak to crisis intervention specialist.
- StrongHearts Native Helpline for domestic/sexual violence
- Confidential hotline specifically for native communities.
Call 1.844.762.8483 between 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily to speak to an advocate.
- Trans LifeLine
- This hotline is staffed exclusively by transgender operators, and provides emotional support and financial resources to trans people.
Call 1.877.565.8860 between 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 a.m. daily to speak to an advocate.
If you need help leaving an abusive partner safely
Please call the SAPD non-emergency number at 210.207.7273, and the advocates with the Crisis Response Teams can help you make a plan.
If you need help with a protective order
- Bexar County District Attorney's Office
- You can apply for a Protective Order online with the Bexar County District Attorney's Office.
- Bexar County Family Justice Center
- If you would like to discuss whether a protective order is right for you, please call 210.631.0100, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
NOTE: Site improvement suggestions only.